Come Work With One of the Best Modular Home Companies in VA!
Cardinal Homes is expanding their professional team and we encourage you to apply by filling out the form below. The family here at Cardinal Homes believes in harmony and equal rights in the workplace so that each person involved in building custom modular homes made to order is proud to call themselves part of the team and hey, we take care of each other!
CDL Truck Driver
Direct Report: Transportation Manager
The CDL truck driver is responsible for safely delivering modules from the factory to the job site in accordance with DOT guidelines, permits, and state traffic laws.
- Maintain daily logs and truck inspections
- Review permits and plan routing accordingly
- Communicate with builder enroute to the site
- Communicate with other driver(s) and escorts
- Hook up modules to truck
- Properly hook up all lights and place all flags/placards needed for travel
- Maintain the yearly state inspection of the truck
- Maintain the smooth operation of the truck
- Periodically obtain state inspections of transporters
- May be required to stay on site to move modules around for set
- May be required to bring back transporters from set to factory
Skills Required/Physical Demands/Work Hours
- Good communication skills
- Able to work schedule as set forth by transporration manager
- Able to work Monday –Sunday as needed to deliver modules
- Able to stay overnight on some deliveries
- Valid CDL Class A drivers license
- Valid medical certification card
- Good driving record
- Drug Free
Would you like to join the Cardinal Homes team?
Its exciting times here at Cardinal Homes and we look forward to talking about your future here with us. Fill out the form below and we will get in touch real soon.